SharePoint 2013: The SDDL string contains an invalid sid or a sid that cannot be translated
site admins facing an issue in setting up a SharePoint 2013 stand alone environment.
Step 8 of SharePoint configuration wizard says”The SDDL string contains an invalid sid or a sid that cannot be translated”.
After spending significant amount of time this issue was finally resolved in this way:
Add the account you want to use for search service in WSS_Admin_WPG group. If you are going to use built in administrator account this should be present by default.
Then execute this command from sharepoint powershell console:1$SearchService = Get-Credential Domain\UserName
In our scenario of standalone installation the Domain should be the machine name.
Then execute this command:PowerShell1New-SPManagedAccount -Credential $SearchService
- Now Go to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server” and find the folder that starts with Analytics with a postfix guid.
- Right-click –> Properties–>Sharing–>Advanced Sharing
- Check the “Share this folder’ check box and click on Permissions
- Add the Search Service account created in step 2 and select Full Control. Do the same for WSS_ADMIN_WPG
- Run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard again. It should now complete successfully.